PROFESSOR DAVID YAMADA
Curriculum vitae, July 2012
SELECTED SHORT ARTICLES AND OTHER MATERIALS
- Bolton and Bullying, NEW YORK AMSTERDAM NEWS (May 2005) (op-ed piece about allegedly abusive workplace practices of John Bolton, nominee for U.N. Ambassadorship).
- Proceedings, Global Perspectives on Workplace Harassment, 8 EMPLOYEE RIGHTS AND EMPLOYMENT POLICY JOURNAL 151 (2004) (edited remarks from panel discussion presentation at the Association of American Law Schools Annual Meeting, January 2004).
- Primary author, The Employee Free Choice Act: Restoring the Right of Workers to Choose Unions (July 2004) (Policy Brief for Delegates to the Democratic National Convention, submitted by Americans for Democratic Action).
- Note of Understanding, BOSTON SUNDAY GLOBE, May 2004 (guest column in the Education section, relating experiences in adult education singing class to my work as a law professor).
- Workplace Bullying, Women, and the Knowledge Economy, NEWSLETTER OF THE COMMITTEE ON THE STATUS OF WOMEN IN THE ECONOMICS PROFESSION (Fall 2003).
- The Legal and Policy Implications of Workplace Bullying, PERSPECTIVES ON WORK (Fall 2003) (symposium on workplace bullying in the magazine of the Industrial Relations Research Association).
- Primary author, "Healthy Workplace Bill," proposed legislation designed to provide redress for workplace bullying and abuse, variations of which have been introduced in the state legislatures of California, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and Oregon (2003-present).
- Don’t Rob Them of Their Rights, CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER, Sept. 2002 (op-ed piece about rights of aviation security workers under proposed Homeland Security legislation), reprinted in CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, Sept. 2002.
- Brainstorming About Workplace Bullying: Potential Litigation Approaches on Behalf of Abused Employees, 16 THE EMPLOYEE ADVOCATE, No. 3, 49 (Fall 2000).
- An Economic Generation Gap: Internships, Student Loans, and Other Signs of the New "Indentured Student" Class, MASS DISSENT, Sept. 1998, p.1 (National Lawyers Guild, Mass. Chapter newsletter).