IMMIGRATION LAW RESOURCES
Primary Source Documents
- The U. S. Immigration and Nationality Act - Title 8
- Code of Federal Regulations - Title 8, Aliens and Nationality
- Board of Immigration Appeals Good source for BIA Decisions.
U. S. Government Resources
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- In addition to primary sources, the CIS web site has INS forms, statistical material, and current awareness features.
- U.S. State Dept. Visa Services
- Provides information and visa forms, covering visitors and students, employment, marriage to foreign nationals, U.S. Embassy and Consulate addresses, phone and fax numbers.
- Office of the Administrative Law Judge
- OALJ Law Library provides links to Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals(BALCA)decisions; other recent U. S. Department of Labor immigration decisions; immigration statutes; final/interim/proposed regulations.
- U. S. Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review
- This site has Board of Immigration Appeals decisions from October 1996 to the present.
Lawyer Associations and Databases
- American Immigration Lawyers Association(AILA)
- An affiliated organization of the American Bar Association, AILA is a national bar association of 6,000 attorneys who practice and teach immigration law.
- Find A Lawyer
- Searchable lawyer database of immigration lawyers.
Major collections of Immigration Information
- American Immigration Resources on the Internet
- Very comprehensive site-includes laws, regulations, procedures, self-help materials, links to practitioners, organizations, and other immigration resources on the web.
- Findlaw Immigration Resources
- Findlaw's collection of documents, briefs, articles, and online resources for immigration law.
- LII Immigration Resources
- A collection of immigration resources from the Legal Information Institute - includes international materials.
- Up to date information about immigration and visa applications run by an independent organization
- Yahoo!: Immigration
- A listing of web sites.
Prepared by Ellen V. Delaney
, Reference Librarian
Last updated: May 15, 2009.