WOMEN & THE LAW
To search the unofficial Massachusetts General Laws for free, go to the Massachusetts General Court Website
When searching the United States Code for topics relating to women, also check the following areas: Abortion, Battered Women and Children - Domestic Violence, Contraceptives and Contraception, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking and Pregnancy.
- Title 42, Chapt. 136, Subchapter III -- Violence Against Women: Part A, Safe Streets for Women; Part B, Safe Homes for Women; Part C, Civil Rights for Women; Part D, Equal Justice for Women in Courts; Part E, Violence Against Women Act Improvements; Part F, National Stalker and Domestic Violence Reduction.
- Title 15, Sec. 7105 -- National Women's Business Council
- Title 18, Sec 248 -- Freedom of access to clinic entrances
- Title 42, Sec 285a-6 -- Breast and Gynecological Cancers
- Title 42, Sec. 287d --Office of Research on Women's Health
- Title 42, Sec 1885a --Women in science and engineering; support of activities by Foundation for promotion, etc.
- Title 42, Sec. 14013 -- Report On Battered Women's Syndrome
For more resources, search the library's online catalog
- American Bar Association, Commission On Women In The Profession, Don't Just Hear It Through The Grapevine: Studying Gender Questions At Your Law School. Chicago, IL : American Bar Association, 1998.
(KF299.W6 D66 1998) LAW TREATISES --5th FLOOR
- Lani Guiner, et al, Becoming Gentlemen: Women, Law School and the Institutional Change. Boston : Beacon Press, 1997.
(KF 287. G85 1997) LAW TREATISES -- 5th FLOOR
- Linda Hirshman, A Women's Guide to Law School. New York : Penguin Books, 1999. (KF283 .H57 1999) LAW TREATISES -- 5th FLOOR
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please email: Diane D'Angelo, Reference Librarian.
Last modified September 19, 2006.