|ALUMNI MENTOR PROGRAM
Become an Alumni Mentor. The Alumni Mentor Program affords students the unique opportunity to network with alumni and to attain valuable guidance. Spend time with a student on interviewing and writing skills, discuss career goals and planning, or assist in finding opportunities for internships or permanent employment. This relationship offers students a special opportunity to explore their career ambitions and work closely with an experienced graduate towards reaching these goals.
Alumni who cannot commit time to be an Alumni Mentor are still able to help by choosing just the option below to invite students to "shadow them for a day at the office."
We hope that you will register to become a mentor to one or more Suffolk Law students or volunteer to have a student(s) "shadow you for a day." This is an important way in which you can support your Law School's continued advancement.
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback contact Annamaria Mueller, Alumni Relations Assistant at 617.305.1999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MENTOR APPLICATION FORM
MENTEE APPLICATION FORM
Program Structure and Expectations:
- Meetings are expected to occur monthly, with expectation that mentors and
mentees will spend at least one hour per month together
- Meetings or gatherings should be structured collaboratively by the mentor
and the mentee
- Mentors and Mentees are expected to attend the opening and closing events at
the Law School
- The Alumni Relations Office will serve as advisors for the program -
participants are "owners"
- At the close of the program you will receive a feedback/evaluation survey
- Communicate your expectations of the mentee clearly
- Create an environment of open communication and active listening
- Share knowledge about your career path, successes and failures and what your
experience has taught you
- Look for opportunities that your mentee could explore and encourage her/him
to explore them
- Assist your mentee in developing and conducting successful networking
- Deepen your knowledge of the current students, law school community and
- Increase the value of your Suffolk JD by investing in future alumni
- Enhance and influence your career strategy
- Deepen your knowledge of the legal profession, a law specialty and the
practical aspects of law
- Seek advice and insight from a real world professional
- Receive and accept advice and feedback constructively
- Sharpen listening skills
- Gain skills in networking
- Maintain professionalism and respect your mentor’s time
- Work together to set expectations
- Express appreciation to your mentor regularly